One of the most common SEO practices is using keywords. Choosing the right keyword is important so that your website will rank higher in search engines. However, a lot of website owners tend to stuff their content with irrelevant keywords in an attempt to rank higher in top search engines.
This should be avoided, or your content will be labeled as spam. Worse, your website may get banned because of this practice. Make sure to hire trusted local SEO for business in Denver so that your website will be more reader-oriented. At the same time, knowing the right SEO practice will prevent you from committing SEO mistakes which can harm your website.
Learning more about keyword research
Finding the right keyword can make or break your SEO content. To do that, you need to conduct keyword research. This refers to the process of searching and analyzing keywords that people usually enter into the search engine bar. Knowing these keywords can help you create a strategy for a worthwhile marketing strategy and SEO content.
Keyword research also lets you know what kinds of topics people want to know more about. When you type “how” on the search bar, you will see a lot of keywords or phrases which people most likely search for online. It is also important to understand your business objectives, and your target readers are.
Tips on finding the right keywords
If you are a business owner who also has an official website, it is important to determine who your target customers are. If you want to increase website traffic and encourage customer engagement, you need to ask yourself these questions.
- What are your target customers usually search for online (e.g., how to lose weight, healthy alternatives to rice, etc.)?
- Who are these types of customers who search about these topics online (e.g., health-conscious individuals, DIY junkies, etc.)?
- Why are they searching these kinds of topics?
- Where are these searchers located (e.g., within a specific state or city)?
- In which time of the year, these topics are searched the most online?
- Are they using their smartphones, laptops, or desktops when conducting searches online?
By answering the abovementioned questions, you can now come up with content that your target readers are looking for. Likewise, your content will help solve your target customers’ concerns and would even look forward to future content.
Choosing the right keywords should also be relevant to your brand and the products and services you are offering. You can come with topics that are relevant to your business. For example, if you are a pet shop owner, you may come up with topics such as “dog breeds” or “dog shampoo brands.”
From there, you can skim those topics and identify keywords under the “topic bucket.” For example, under “dog breeds,” you can come up with keywords such as:
- Hypoallergenic dog breeds
- Low-maintenance dog breeds
- Kid-friendly dog breeds
- Top 10 most favorite dog breeds
- Popular dog breeds for families
As a website owner, it is important to understand your target customers and their online behavior. These can help in order to create useful content that will satisfy their queries and will look forward to more in the future.