With the Gizmo 1, you get a comprehensive embedded development environment for everything from your DIY side projects to your company’s full-scale entrepreneurial ventures. The kit enables multicore and mixed core computing while providing high visibility to the system under development. You’ll find the following included in your kit: the Gizmo development board, the companion Explorer board, the Sage SmartProbe® JTAG development tool with 20 complimentary usage hours, a 30-day introductory license to the Sage EDK graphical interface, an alpha-numeric keypad, a U.S. power supply for Gizmo, a bootable flash drive with code and documentation, pre-loaded boot options, and cables for remote access or PC connection.
Everything To Get You Building
Here’s what you get in the Gizmo 1 for $199:
- The Gizmo Board: A compact (4″x4″) development board for embedded innovators and hobbyists. Powered by the AMD Embedded G-Series APU. Two custom card edge connectors (one high speed, one low speed) provide ready access to special features including SATA, USB, Display Port, PCIe, SPI, I2C, GPIO, PWM, ADC Input, DAC Output, Reset, and Counter. The board also includes JTAG header, VGA video output, Audio input/output, Ethernet, and USB ports.
- The Explorer Board: A companion board for Gizmo, the Explorer expansion I/O board allows for even greater experimentation and exploration opportunities. This two-layer board connects to Gizmo via the low-speed connector and provides an alpha-numeric keypad, a micro-display, and a sea of holes for prototyping and customization.
- Sage SmartProbe® JTAG Development Tool: An automated, configurable plugin development tool for embedded designs, the SmartProbe® enables full development and debug capabilities including access to all registers and memory, USB and Ethernet support, remote access, virtual port, reset vector control, field updatable firmware, and more. The kit includes the SmartProbe® hardware and 20 hours of limited time use.
- Sage EDK Graphical Interface: A 30-day trial license for the Sage EDK, an intuitive graphical interface that streamlines development and debug. With the Sage EDK integrated development environment (IDE) you’ll be able to efficiently build, inspect and debug the software under development. Features include smart editor, cross-compile toolchain integration, automated image transfer, symbolic software debug, processor debug support, and more.
- Pre-installed SageBIOS™ on Gizmo: The Gizmo board comes pre-installed with SageBIOS™, a distribution of open source coreboot®. Select from several boot options, including a PC behavior option and an Explorer board option, among others.
- Flash Thumbdrive: Ready to boot with the SLAX Linux distribution. Also contains instructions for installing the Sage EDK and documentation such as the Gizmo 1 user guide.
- Quick Start Guide: A to-the-point guide to get you up and running quickly.
- Power Supply: A compact power supply for the Gizmo board compatible with US power outlets.
- Ethernet & USB Cables: One of each, for use with the Sage SmartProbe®. The USB cable lets you connect the SmartProbe® to your PC. The Ethernet cable enables you to develop a system remotely from anywhere in the world.
Sage SmartProbe® Features
- Support for all AMD processors
- Sockets: AM2, AM2+, AM3, ASB1, ASB2, C32, F (1207), Fr5 (1207), Fr6 (1207), G34, S1g1, S1g2, FT1 & beyond
- USB and Ethernet Host Interface
- GDB Remote Serial Protocol Interface
- Low-cost/Practical Target Connection
- Legacy AMD HDT and HDT+
- Embedded Debug Interface
- ‘Bare-Metal’ Bring-up
- System Control from Reset Vector
- Program Download to Flash or RAM
- Target Adaptive Clock Rate & Voltage
- Up to 40MHz JTAG Clock
- 3.3V to 1.35V JTAG Voltage
- Field Upgradable
- Concurrent Multcore Debugging
- Automatic JTAG Chain Detection
- Up to 128 Simultaneous Cores
- Supports Cache as RAM Execution
- Support for GPGPU Development
- Legacy x86 Debug Support
Guides & Downloads
Gizmo 1 Experiments