SageBIOS™ BSP for Gizmo
Sage is offering its flagship product, SageBIOS™ – a commercial distribution of the open-source coreboot project, to the GizmoSphere community. The BSP (Board Support Package) free download (registration required) includes all of the source code required to build your own BIOS binary image (with the exception of the video BIOS, which is only available in binary due to licensing restrictions). The download also includes instructions for integrating the code with your EDK and performing the build.
Not ready to build your own BIOS from source? Two pre-compiled binary files are also available and ready to write to your Gizmo flash. This updated firmware fixes the known issues that users have been experiencing with SATA3.
Embedded Linux Demo Image, BSP / SDK, and Additional Development Resources from Timesys
Timesys provides embedded Linux resources that will enable you build embedded Linux based devices using your GizmoSphere Gizmo based development platform.
- Gizmo 2 Board Embedded Linux Demo Image – The microSD card that came with your Gizmo 2 development board contains a Timesys-powered embedded Linux environment, including a Timesys-built application launcher as well as tools for native C/ C++ and Python application development.
- LinuxLink tools – Timesys provides free and open tools that you can use to design, build, deploy and maintain your embedded Linux based device. With a LinuxLink account, you can access:
- Free BSP / SDK – Download a pre-built board support package (BSP) and matching software development kit (SDK) for your GizmoSphere Gizmo based development platform, or you can customize your own.
- Timesys demo sources – You can use the Timesys-powered Gizmo 2 board demo “as is” or use it as a starting point from which to build your own custom application.
- TimeStorm IDE – You can use Timesys’ Eclipse-based IDE free for 30 days.
- Timesys Development Center for GizmoSphere Gizmo Board – You can access a ton of useful information to help you get started with programming. The development center contains information about the Timesys supported kernel and device drivers that are included with the free BSP/SDK, How To documentation, videos, code snippets and more.
To register for a free Timesys LinuxLink account, visit www.timesys.com/gizmo/register.
In addition to free access to the company’s award-winning LinuxLink embedded Linux development system, Timesys provides commercial support packages, professional services and training offerings for professionals who need to minimize risk and schedule delays.
Android ISO Image from Viosoft
Viosoft has provided us with an Android image which we can share with our readers. This is a Jelly Bean v2 flavor which Viosoft has prepared specifically for x86 and Gizmo.
Sage EDK and SmartProbe® Quick Start Guide
This brief document guides you through the steps to get started with your EDK and SmartProbe. Installation, licensing information, and connections are included.
OpenCl Programming Guide
The Gizmo development and evaluation board for embedded experimentation and design puts unprecedented computing horsepower and design versatility at your fingertips, backed by the rich design expertise and innovation know-how shared amongst the GizmoSphere global development community. For Gizmo users seeking to unlock the full performance and value of the underlying AMD Embedded G-Series accelerated processing unit (APU) architecture, the open standard OpenCL and open source OpenCV programming frameworks provide an ideal foundation for achieving your most ambitious parallel processing performance-driven system designs faster, easier and more cost-effectively than ever before.